Tuesday, December 08, 2015

How did I become this version of me?

I am being oddly reflective these last couple of weeks. There have been many changes at work, all of which I really enjoy, but have forced me into a new skin. I think I was always knew I was headed this way but had no idea it would happen so quick. I ask for money. Donations. But somewhere along the way, in college, I began to learn how to ask my way into things. Places, events, clubs, etc.. Which is really surprising given how shy I have historically been. It became a rush for me. My heart would beat so hard that I was sure others could hear it. I couldn't breath, no matter what the situation entailed. I could be signing up for a meeting of the Anthropology Student Association and not even have to speak to someone, but I would still feel nervous. I imagined that this was the rush daredevils might get. Or that my friends in high school had when they skipped school and smoked weed while I stayed behind. So, now, here I am. Still asking my way into life. Not waiting for someone to ask me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home