Thursday, January 08, 2015

It's been a long time.

Once I upon a time, I enjoyed writing little short stories. I guess it helped to organize all the little fantasies my imagination would conjure up. It was nice to see some of my daydreams get placed into reality, even if it was just on a piece of paper. I was shy. Some of the stories would be of girls my age that were able to handle situations better than I ever could. Or sometimes these teenage girls would be able to flirt with boys in a manner in which I was never able. You know, like be able to speak, and not be frozen in fear. Or have their face turn so bright red upon mere eye contact that speaking could not even be considered an option because the boy probably thought you had some sort of disease. Then blogging became popular. I had a couple. My first was on AOL. I had another on Blogger or was it Blogspot, or perhaps one became the other. I chronicled my travels to Asia. I suppose I stopped when the traveling stopped. My life became boring. I was server with a master’s degree and as one year became another and then another with no new job prospects, I guess I became ashamed of what my former exciting life became. I drank a lot and stayed with a horribly manipulative boyfriend because I lost my joy. I lost myself. Then I joined AmeriCorps and started to find myself again. Fast forward, oh I dunno, five years (wow, it’s really been five years!) and I actually have everything I wanted to have then. I am happy. But I miss this outlet. I can not picture myself carrying around a paper journal, so here I am again. To rock you like a hurricane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home