Friday, November 05, 2010

Compromise

I wanted to make this new part of my blog about my AmeriCorp VISTA experience. I suppose what I'm about to write really is still. I'm broke. As a volunteer I am to live at or under the poverty level so that I know what is like to live like the people I help. Over the weekend my boyfriend's car broke down. Well actually it was his mother's car, I actually am driving his car. I feel as if I should give the car back to him. I also have the feeling that with both of us driving it, that car is sure to die soon too. As I mentioned in the Wheel of Life entry, I want nothing more than to move out of his parents house. It has been years since I have had a place to call my home. For years I have had a place to live, but nothing about it is mine.

So now what do I do? My job requires that I have reliable transportation. My brother's girlfriend wants to sell me her car-- but if I do that there is no way I can move out. At least I cannot think of any way to get both the car and move out. Being poor sucks. It is so hard to go without just basic things. Sometimes I have to go to corporate offices for meetings and I feel poor because my clothes are cheap.

Perhaps I should just get some of my things out of storage and put them up in his room. Though there really isn't any extra space for that. At least if I buy the car I will have something else to make mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home